How to Register for the 2019 Hemophilia Hike
Go to www.bdast.org/hike
Look for the link for Myevent.com BDAST Hike for Hemophilia – this will take you to our secure web site to register your team and collect donations.
1. Register your team online. Go to www.bdast.org, go to our walk area of the web site click on the link, Choose a team name and sign up your team.
2. Set a personal fundraising goal. As a Team Captain, you should lead by example-
3. Ask your friends and family to join you as a team member. Ask them to sign up online under your team name and start raising money.
4. Tell your personal story-
5. Tell your personal story-
Frequently Asked Questions about Teams
Who should be the Team Captain?
The person who has the most leadership skills on the team and is able to give the most time to the project.
Is there a minimum or maximum number of hikers on a team?
No. Teams can be as small as two or three hikers or as large as hundreds of hikers.
Can a team have more than one Team Captain?
Yes. Typically, each Team Captain is responsible for 10 hikers. So if your team is large, it’s best to have multiple Team Captains.
What kind of support and instruction do Team Captains receive?
The Kickoff Event will provide all the materials, instructions and inspiration you’ll need! Afterward, Team Captains will receive pre-
Can I hike if I don’t form a team?
Yes. We think you’ll have more fun if you join a team, but many hikers come individually.
How do we raise money?
Write a letter or send an e-
#1 Sponsor yourself $50.00
#2 Ask 4 family members to sponsor you for $25 $100.00
#3 Ask 5 co-
#4 Ask 5 friends to contribute $15 $75.00
#5 Ask 5 neighbors to sponsor you for $15 $75.00
#6 Ask your boss for a company contribution of $50 $50.00
#7 Ask 3 businesses you frequent for a donation of $25 $75.00
Who should you ask? Here are some ideas
Mother Father Brother Sister Cousins
Uncle Aunt Doctor Dry Cleaner Neighbor
Grocer Accountant Manicurist Landlord Hair Stylist
Baker Coach Friends Repairman Veterinarian
Vendors Banker Dentist Attorney Teachers
How to Raise $500 in 7 Days!
6. Create your team identity. Create a team T-
7. Attend the Kickoff Event. You’ll get all the instructions, inspiration, and materials you need to organize your hikers.
8. Stay in touch with your hikers. Stress the importance of fundraising to further the mission of BDAST: to bettering the lives of people with bleeding disorders and their families, through support, advocacy and education.
9. Stay in touch with BDAST staff. Let them know your fundraising challenges and successes. They can give ideas that have worked for other teams and send you materials.
10. Attend the HIKE! Make sure your team makes a big impact with colorful T-
Become a Team Captain!
Your team can be made up of family, friends, neighbors, classmates, co-